The SystemThe GreenIQ Smart Gardening System has 3 components:
GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub
- Connects to your garden’s irrigation valves.
- Optionally connects to your garden’s lighting circuit.
- Controls irrigation and lighting schedules*.
- Connects to the internet via either WiFi or Cellular (depending on model), or Ethernet cable (available in gen. 2 only).
*The GreenIQ sprinkler system factors sunset and sunrise schedule into its smart lightning algorithm in order to automatically control garden’s lighting. This data is supplied by sunrise-sunset.org, an online tool that provides users information about day length, twilight, sunrise and sunset times for any location in the world. This tool makes it easy for everybody to access sun related information through simple tools that offer accurate information.
GreenIQ Mobile App
- The mobile app runs on the browser of any web-enabled device, such as iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, PC or Mac.
- The mobile app allows you to create scheduling programs for each irrigation zone and the lighting channel.
- The mobile app displays indications of the system’s status, such as open/closed irrigation zone, etc.
- User registration, savings report retrieval, system configuration and more, are all done using the mobile app.
- Third party accessories such as Flower Power, Koubachi and others can be controlled via the mobile app.
- All the system configurations and user’s programs are stored in the GreenIQ Cloud.
- The GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub and the mobile app communicate via the GreenIQ Cloud.
- Configuration changes, software updates and on-going status updates are stored and retrieved via the cloud.
The Science Of Evapotranspiration (ET)Evapotranspiration (ET) is the sum of water evaporation from the soil and plant transpiration to the atmosphere. Your garden's water balance is compensated by natural precipitation and by your irrigation system.
The question is how to avoid over-watering and under-watering of your plants?
Your GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub automatically downloads data from the internet on current and forecast weather conditions provided by the nearest weather station. Factors such as temperature, relative humidity (RH), wind speed and solar radiation directly impact the ET in your garden. The GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub schedules irrigation based on the start time and end time you programmed, and modifies the irrigation period according to ET and latest/forecast precipitation. It actually creates a smart gardening routine: On very hot and dry days, your plants will get more water, and on cold and cloudy days - less water. On rainy days the GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub will turn off irrigation completely.
As a result, your garden will get just the amount of water it needs. It keeps your garden looking great, it saves you money and it's good for the environment. This is what we mean when we say: "Your garden just got smarter!"